Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I answer a call they can’t hear me. I can press speaker phone then go back to regular and they can hear me fine. Guessing a software issue.

Apple 7 iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:37 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 11:45 AM in response to Tarheelben

Hi, Tarheelben,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand you're having trouble with others hearing you while on calls. Initially, they can't. In order to engage the microphone you have to put the call on speaker, then take it off. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend using the steps outlined here Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support , particularly those detailed below:

Get help

If you still have issues after testing the microphone on your device, try these steps:

1. Unplug any accessory plugged into the headset jack.
  2. Avoid blocking the microphone and iSight mic with your fingers while holding the device or recording video.
  3. Remove screen protectors, films, or cases that cover the microphone, iSight mic, or iPhone receiver.
  4. Clear any debris from the microphones or iPhone receiver. Refer to the user guide for your device on microphone locations.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls or Siri doesn’t hear your requests, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.

Have a good day!

When I answer a call they can’t hear me. I can press speaker phone then go back to regular and they can hear me fine. Guessing a software issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.