Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15-inch Late 2016 Speakers Unbalanced

I just got hold of a new MacBook Pro late 2016 from B&H for a very nice price ($1899.00), loving the machine, however I notice that the sound field coming out of the speakers is out of balance and leaning to the left. Any one else experiencing this? I'm sound engineer and is pretty obvious for me, however don't think is a subtle thing. Did all the appropriate checks, balance on preferences is dead center and doble checked on the audio/midi utility. Sound leans to the left. Actually, testing a mono signal I can tell the output difference between both speakers, doing a hard pan to each side, the left sounds a bit brighter than the right and the right has a bit more low mid emphasis.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:51 PM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2018 10:26 AM in response to kaz-k

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't fix it... I'm convinced that has to do with the physical internal configuration and the sound porting that causes interference and not properly compensated, the fact of the matter is that if you move towards the screen, the sound field changes to a more true center, however, nobody uses a laptop with their faces at 4 inches from the screen and facing the keyboard .

MacBook Pro 15-inch Late 2016 Speakers Unbalanced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.