Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colemak keyboard layout with other input method

Hello all,

I would like to trying out Colemak, understand that we can just add it int the system preference, then choose in the task bar. At the same time, English is not just the only one language that I use. Let's say I would like to type Chinese, which requires me to choose another inputs and it will overwrite Colemak. How can I use Colemak as my keyboard layout and at the same time use other input ? thank you.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:02 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:52 AM in response to DavisX

You will have to ask the people who make that IM. Sometimes they have a setting for the input layout. Or perhaps you can go inside the app and modify a file.

I had not heard of that IM before. Could you describe what you like about it? I have a list of other alternatives at

http://m10lmac.blogspot.com/2017/05/macos-alternative-input-methods-for.html

Colemak keyboard layout with other input method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.