Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD & Password

I load a music CD with a super drive onto the desk top.

If I make any changes, such as name of the file, Finder asks me for my password. (Note, this process is not for iTunes. I'm eventually loading these into a Caiyin high resolution player).

User uploaded file

What changes can I make to avoid typing my password every time?

Thanks.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:44 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2018 7:31 AM in response to laurence misterioso

Make sure that your profile has full read and write permissions to the iTunes folder and all subfolders. Use Get Info on the iTunes folder in Finder. Click the lock at the bottom right to make changes. Make sure that Locked isn't ticked and that your own account has Read & Write access, then use the gear icon to Apply to enclosed items and confirm.

User uploaded file

tt2

Mar 1, 2018 7:31 AM in response to laurence misterioso

I'm not puzzled about the password, what I'm puzzled about is why is the computer even letting you edit file names on CD which is normally a read-only item. I guess it depends upon what you mean by "load". If you mean just mount so the CD appears on the desktop then all you should be doing before doing anything else is copying (ripping with something such as iTunes) the files so they are actually on the drive as normal files.

Are you asked about a password for renaming anything else on the desktop?

Mar 1, 2018 7:40 AM in response to turingtest2

I think you're right, the files were not ripped they were simply dragged from the CD to a location. If they aren't in the iTunes folder then laurence m will need to do the permissions change in a more targeted fashion depending upon the folder structure around where they are actually located, maybe on each individual file.

CD & Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.