Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I never wanted a subscription. I've been getting charged. WHY

I have been getting charged $9.99 per month, for an Apple Music Subscription. I did not sign up for this. Why did I get charged?

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:25 AM

Check to see if it's in your iTunes history. You can cancel from there and report the subscription to iTunes if you like:

Cancel your subscription

You can cancel Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch; your Mac or PC; or your Apple TV.

If you cancel during your trial period, you'll continue to have access to the entire Apple Music catalog until the date that you would have been billed for the full price.

Your subscription might renew if you don't cancel more than 24 hours before your renewal date.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To view your subscription, tap this link: View my subscription. Or follow these steps:

1. Open the Music app, then tap For You.
  2. Tap the profile icon User uploaded file or your photo in the upper-right corner.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and tap View Account. If you haven't set up an Apple Music profile, skip to step 4.
  4. Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  5. Scroll to Subscriptions and tap it, then tap Apple Music. If you don't have any other subscriptions, you'll go straight to Apple Music.
  6. Tap Cancel Subscription, then tap Confirm. After you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.User uploaded file

Carrier-bundled subscriptions are managed through the carrier. Contact your carrier to cancel.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 5:25 AM in response to ginafromunion

Check to see if it's in your iTunes history. You can cancel from there and report the subscription to iTunes if you like:

Cancel your subscription

You can cancel Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch; your Mac or PC; or your Apple TV.

If you cancel during your trial period, you'll continue to have access to the entire Apple Music catalog until the date that you would have been billed for the full price.

Your subscription might renew if you don't cancel more than 24 hours before your renewal date.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To view your subscription, tap this link: View my subscription. Or follow these steps:

1. Open the Music app, then tap For You.
  2. Tap the profile icon User uploaded file or your photo in the upper-right corner.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and tap View Account. If you haven't set up an Apple Music profile, skip to step 4.
  4. Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  5. Scroll to Subscriptions and tap it, then tap Apple Music. If you don't have any other subscriptions, you'll go straight to Apple Music.
  6. Tap Cancel Subscription, then tap Confirm. After you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.User uploaded file

Carrier-bundled subscriptions are managed through the carrier. Contact your carrier to cancel.

I never wanted a subscription. I've been getting charged. WHY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.