Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod will not play requested song

I love the design and sound, but the Siri only works about 10% of the time. I will say “Siri, play Golden Slumbers”

Siri will respond “playing Golden Slumbers by the Beatles”

then nothing. No song. I can do this with other songs and sometimes they play, but most of the time nothing. I have reset it, resigned in to my iCloud, etc.

this will be going back to the Apple Store this weekend if I can’t get it to work reliably

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 11:18 AM in response to The Other One

Hmm, don't seem to be having any trouble playing that track here. Are you switching between using Siri on the HomePod and AirPlay from other devices? I suspect it may not work so well if it thinks it is supposed to be playing from another device, even if there is nothing to play. That said if I try Siri seems happy to switch from one source to another.

Maybe time to contact HomePod - Official Apple Support and see if they have any insight.

tt2

HomePod will not play requested song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.