Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a Pop up after booting Up that my Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with the Mac Sign in Addy, and I am on MacOs Sierra??

However I am having no problems getting into ICloud, my folders, files at all, and can even access ICloud from another NON Mac machine.

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:19 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 1, 2018 12:48 PM in response to shkarst

You are signed in? See if this helps.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned fromKurt Lang

Mar 1, 2018 1:06 PM in response to Eric Root

Of course I was logged in, otherwise I would not have been on my Mac :-)

I am fairly new to MACs, just a little over a year now, and just a user, not a tweaker. I am a little hestant to put some of those things into trash, especially that ICloud folder. Wouldn't my ICloud folder than disappear, Gone, when my trash is cleared?? Right now I am on my Amazon Fire HD8 Tablet. Will check out those items next time on the Mac later this evening, Thanks.

Mar 2, 2018 8:10 AM in response to shkarst

OK, I am on my Chromebook at this moment, but Googled the following and will check it out later: "

To unhide your Library folder in macOS Sierra, launch Finder and navigate to youruser Home folder (you can jump directly to your user folder by select Go > Homefrom the Finder's menu bar or using the keyboard shortcut Shift-Command-H).Dec 5, 2016

Mar 2, 2018 10:46 PM in response to shkarst

Problem Solved, was fairly simple.

I tried a couple of suggestions, one I thought may have worked but did not, doing, "I FORGOT MY APPLE ID PASSWORD, under the ICLOUD preference, and then changed it AGAIN, slightly, changing the "A" on the end to a"B" but that did not work.

Then I Googled this:

"Getting a Pop up after booting Up that my Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with the Mac Sign in Addy, and I am on MacOs Sierra??

And found scrolling to a second page this, did the following AND it did not happen again upon RESTARTING, a second AND THIRD time>>>WHEW:

"Go to the  Apple menu and open System Preferences, then choose iCloud. Select to “Sign Out”. Once the Mac has booted back up again, return to theiCloud preference panel, and login to the Apple ID as usual.Oct 23, 2016

Fixing iCloud “Unknown error occurred” & “Mac can't connect to iCloud ...

When you do that SIGN OUT from ICloud, it gives you the impression that you will have to choose a completely different password for getting into ICloud and that you will lose all your folders & Files, but that is not the case. I did have to choose a NEW PASSWORD, but I chose the same exact one as my MAC ID Password, which it accepted, and then you are given two options, 1) To Save all your ICloud data on, "THIS MAC," or 2) To remove it all. Why would anyone do that, LOL. I chose # 1.

All well now. Did several RESTARTS, and no longer get that, "This MAC can not connect to ICloud," Popup. Like I always tell me who ask TECH questions online, "Google is your BEST FRIEND." :-)

P.S. That, "Library" stuff sounded too risky to me, and also to a good friend of mine who is a computer Wizard, and ditched Windows for MACs awhile ago. I knew there had to be a better, way :-)

Getting a Pop up after booting Up that my Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with the Mac Sign in Addy, and I am on MacOs Sierra??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.