Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Add family member to Apple Music

Hi,

I am the organiser of the family group and I do not get the options to add a new family member.

I am using an android phone and we have not reached our family limit of six members as yet.

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:42 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 5:19 AM in response to vicky-lee186

Hi Vicky,

Make sure you follow the steps specified below:

Change to a Family subscription

1. In the Apple Music app, tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  2. Tap your photo or name at the top of the menu.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and tap View Account. If you don't have an Apple Music profile set up, skip to step 4.
  4. Tap Manage Membership. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
  5. Tap Subscription.
  6. Tap Family (1 Month), then confirm your selection.

After you join, you can add people to your Family. Learn more about joining with a Family subscription.

If you have an Individual or Student subscription, you can join an existing Family.

Join an existing Family

If you're already part of a Family Sharing group that has an Apple Music Family subscription, you don't need to do anything to join.

If you have an Apple Music Individual or Student subscription and want to join an existing Family that you're not already a part of, follow these steps:

1. Ask the organizer of the Family to invite you to join their family group.
  2. After you accept the invitation or enter your Apple ID and password in their Apple Music app, open Apple Music on your own Android phone and check to make sure that you're a part of the family: Tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner, then tap your name or photo. Tap Manage Membership, then look for Family (1 Month) under Subscription.

When you join a Family subscription, your Individual or Student subscription cancels at the end of the next billing cycle. If you want to restart your Individual or Student subscription later, you can change back.

Cannot Add family member to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.