Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to IOS 11.2.6 and my wifi will not work anymore

Hi

i am a uni student and use my phone for a lot of work regarding my degree, but when i updated my phone to ios 11.2.6 my phone WiFi has died completely. I cant use it for anything now.

i can connect to various WiFi connections/ cellular hot-spots, but after a few seconds the WiFi icon at the top of the screen disappears and i lose all internet connection. i know it works to start with as ill get a flood of notifications and emails and then dead. if i go into settings and WiFi it says i'm connected and that there is internet access (which i know there is as my flat mates phones and computers all connect fine, the only difference is i'm on ios 11.2.6). when trying to connect if i go out to the main settings page while trying to connect the VPN on/off slider is going spastic flicking between on and off without me touching a thing.

i have tried everything from soft reset to deleting the networks and re-adding them and even reinstalling ios 11.2.6 through iTunes on recovery mode.

as you can see below i am connected to the internet yet no wifi icon, when i first connect ( no more than 5 seconds) the wifi icon is present while it is there everything works fine and i get the various notifications.

User uploaded file

Any help would be massively appreciated i desperately need this fixed soon for university.

thank you in advance for your help

- Jared

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:12 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Mar 25, 2018 7:56 PM in response to jaredfromtaupo

I just got my iPhone 6S back from Apple for a battery warranty and they updated it to iOS 11.2.6, and it's now doing the same thing. It's virtually useless now whereas it was rock solid before on a lower iOS version.

I've tried all the remedies listed here and on the internet but nothing worked.

Thanks for NOTHING, Apple.

Here's a suggestion, why don't you sort out the programming BEFORE you release it.

Mar 27, 2018 7:08 PM in response to jaredfromtaupo

Hi Jared,
I am currently using 3 apple devices. An iPad, iPhone 6s and a Macbook Pro. Both my iPad and iPhone is experiencing the same problem regardless of the router being restarted. I have even gone through the extent of restarting my phone through force restart and even switching it off for a couple of hours. I believe Apple doesn't care enough to solve our issues. I'm definitely opting out of apple for my next devices.

Cheers,

A guy who regretted spending so much on Apple with so much trust.

Mar 29, 2018 12:46 PM in response to jaredfromtaupo

I am facing the same issue after upgrading ios 11.2.6, wifi signal suddenly disappeared and not able to use internet. While checking setting>wifi it show connected, i need to manually disconnect and connect.

Many times facing issue with wifi/ internet not woking.

But i did not faced this issues on my iPhoneSE, and iPad2, those are on ios 11.2.5.

I can clearly observe using same time my all apple decices but facing issue in my iPhone7+ IOS 11.2.6.

I cantact Apple support too they confirmed that no hardware issue on my iPhone7+.

Apr 7, 2018 12:08 PM in response to Mazzeman

Have the same problem. iOS 11.2.6. iPad Pro 10.5.

Thought that upgrading to 11.3 would solve the problem:

I updated one device. But got a check in my Spirit from God. “Don’t upgrade”

Glad I listened!..... 11.3 has all kinds of issues & one major with MDM.

http://piunikaweb.com/2018/03/31/ios-11-3-update-automatically-disables-ad-block ers-users-complain/

http://piunikaweb.com/2018/04/04/ios-11-3-breaks-apples-mdm-mobile-device-manage ment-protocol/

I noticed with 11.3 wi fi signal drops and rises in levels.

Still looking to see if it drops out all together.

Work around at the moment with my iPad Pro:

Keep an eye in the WiFi indicator

I keep settings open and reconnect to my WiFi when need when the indicator vanishes.

Just have to wait and see if Apple release something like 11.3.1

or wait for 11.4

Apr 7, 2018 2:24 PM in response to slackrl

I noticed with 11.3 wi fi signal drops and rises in levels.

Still looking to see if it drops out all together.....

It does also!

Just in case Apple support is peeking.....

I’ve noticed that after a time of inactivity I’ll loose the WiFi connection.

It appears as if the WiFi goes to sleep/hibernates and drops the network and it must be manually

reconnected, although the password doesn’t have to be re-entered.

Wondering if the “keep alive“ sequence was lowered or dropped.

Updated to IOS 11.2.6 and my wifi will not work anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.