Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple ID Problems

I am very disturbed with an email that I received from Activity Report Apple. First of all this activity (loging onto a new web browser) happened on my account on 28th February 2018 and i only received an email notification on 01 March 2018 at 04h06. I had a similar incident in December and subsequently my bank account was hacked into and i changed my appleid password.

I am now wondering how is this possible when i have two factor authentication enabled on my account? surely i should receive a code on my device in order for this login to take place as this new web browser was not a trusted browser.

I also noticed an amount of R5.00 (Itunes) being taken off my account and i dont know what this is.

please advise on how to proceed.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

You haven't included a copy of the email, but from the email address it's an obvious phishing email, that is not apple.com

Phishing emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support and Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Posted on

Mar 1, 2018 2:36 AM in response to vashika In response to vashika

You are sure that it's a genuine email that you received (it's addressed to by name ?), have you got an image of the email that you could post (removing any personal info from it first) ? Genuine emails that I receive don't say anything in them about 'Activity Report Apple' e.g. logging into iCloud :

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2018 2:36 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 1, 2018 5:23 AM in response to King_Penguin In response to King_Penguin

This is the copy of th email that I received and it came from akvls0d9.i8291@avpsltrservt80912.com

I have gone into my account and I cannot pick up anything suspicious except for the fact that I was billed R5.00 by iTunes for a purchase.

Mar 1, 2018 5:23 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 1, 2018 5:28 AM in response to vashika In response to vashika

You haven't included a copy of the email, but from the email address it's an obvious phishing email, that is not apple.com

Phishing emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support and Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Mar 1, 2018 5:28 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: vashika

Question: Apple ID Problems