Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage conversations not showing

Hello All

I have one of these:

User uploaded file

Just done a 10.13.3 update, admittedly with some issues so I ended up doing a clean install. Everything works great except my conversations are not appearing in my iMessage Application. They have disappeared. The conversations are still there on my other other devices and I am able to send and receive messages as normal.

I have turned iCloud off and on, preferences look as they always have:

User uploaded file

I have looked at the Library file and the database seems intact, its a fair size too with all the picture attachments.

User uploaded file

I am not sure what the "incompatible chat db" file is so I even removed it and tried but still nothing.

I am at a bit of a loss, I have tried renaming the Messages folder to MessagesXXX as seen in previous community threads. I have tried removing preferences too. I am able to send and receive messages from all the accounts I just cannot see any previous conversations. I have also reset PRAM and NVRAM and I have done an SMC reset.

Any help gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance

Richard Butcher

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 2.8 ghz C2D, 4GB RAM

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 1:26 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2018 1:22 PM in response to Astrobutch0901

HI,

IF...

The Mac User Account is new and contains nothing that has been migrated then it will not show older items.

The Incompatible item appear when some Updates or Upgrades have not worked properly.

Effectively the older posts are in the incompatible items and cannot be retrieved.

User uploaded file

9:22 pm Thursday; March 1, 2018

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 11.x and an iPad (2)

iMessage conversations not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.