Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete an album in photos

I have tried all the suggestions and cannot delete an album. Someone posted a jpeg of selecting the album and a drop down comes up allowing you to delete, rename etc. This does not work for me. I am running Photos Version 3.0 (3251.12.190) on MAC OS High Sierra Version 10.13.3.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to merge albums and and delete the extra albums after the merge.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Joanne52753

If you want to merge Album A into Album B do the following:

1 - go to the sidebar.

2 - with the two albums visible in the sidebar click on A.

3 - select all of the photos in A.

4 - drag them onto the Album B icon in the sidebar to add them to B.

5 - verify all of the photos are in B.

6 - delete A from the sidebar.

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos, create an album and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

If you still can't delete, Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and try from there. Can you. Reboot normally to get back to the normal mode.

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2018 8:16 AM in response to Joanne52753

Then you have a problem and to get help you actually have to share details about what you have and what you are doing as deleting albums works just fine when done correctly -- right click (control click) on an album and select delete album

read this article for assistance in writing a question which can be answered - Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question

LN

Cannot delete an album in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.