Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What would cause a compose message window to pop up when I click the i icon to get message sender information

I'm trying to block phishing callers on my iphone 6 with the latest ios. When I click the i icon to get information and scroll down a compose message window pops up instead. This happens on this phone and my iphone SE works normally. I tried other callers as well and the same thing happens for all of them. The phone number information is there (not an unknown caller). Has anyone else had this problem and how was it fixed? I suspect some sort of a hack and called Apple support. They were no help and could not offer a solution other than to backup up and restore the phone (seems to be the standard answer for any problem). I reluctantly did this and after a lengthy wait to restore everything the same problem remains. The only other route I can see is to add the spam message sender to my contacts and then block them but I don't want to do this as I suspect this is exactly what they want me to do.

Is there any legitimate setting that would cause this issue? If not is there a way to remove the message function and restore only it from a new downloaded version? If this is not possible, conversely can I restore the phone to original settings and then only restore the other applications from my backup (which seems to be corrupted some how).

Help!

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:46 AM

There are no replies.

What would cause a compose message window to pop up when I click the i icon to get message sender information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.