Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac turn off screen comes right back

Hi

I have an iMac mid 2011 21.5inch, running OS 10.13.3. The keyboard shortcut to turn off the screen works but screen just turns back on again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

iMac, iOS 10.3.3, 21.5inch mid 2011

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:23 PM

Reset the SMC, as per > How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Display Sleep can be interrupted by different things. see > If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support

Personally I have noticed that, my Mac's are very sensitive to even the slight mouse movement for the first 10 to 15 seconds after the display is put to sleep.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 4:23 PM in response to christopherfromstanmore

Reset the SMC, as per > How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Display Sleep can be interrupted by different things. see > If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support

Personally I have noticed that, my Mac's are very sensitive to even the slight mouse movement for the first 10 to 15 seconds after the display is put to sleep.

iMac turn off screen comes right back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.