Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date & Time in Menu Bar: 2 letters 'at' appear ... Time Zone?

In one of my user accounts I noticed today in the Menu Bar, that the date and time are displayed as

Thu 1. Mar at 10:00

(NOT the @-symbol, but the 2 lowercase letters a and t)

In another user account, date and time are displayed as usual, i.e.

Thu 1. Mar 10:00

What does 'at' mean? Maybe 'Atlantic Time' ?

But why have I never seen this before? I have not changed any settings. Plus, I haven't found a tick box to display time zone in the menu bar, plus, I am not on the East Coast ... 😉

(difficult to find anything in google as 'at' is a very common word ...)

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 17 inch, Mid 2010, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:45 PM

The 'at' is not a time zone, but is short for "at this time ____." If you take a peek at your System Preferences : Language & Region panel, you will see the long form of this by default displayed under the List sort order selection. Additionally, do you have a custom Date/Time configured in the Advanced… area of this panel — that may have the word "at" included in it?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 12:45 PM in response to JoMek

The 'at' is not a time zone, but is short for "at this time ____." If you take a peek at your System Preferences : Language & Region panel, you will see the long form of this by default displayed under the List sort order selection. Additionally, do you have a custom Date/Time configured in the Advanced… area of this panel — that may have the word "at" included in it?

Date & Time in Menu Bar: 2 letters 'at' appear ... Time Zone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.