Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You must improve Siri on Homepod

I have had my Homepod for about 2 weeks. As advertised, the sound quality is phenomenal and I love it for that aspect. However, Siri is only about 80% on finding the right music or podcasts when I ask her.

As an example, I recently added the album "Stop The Lights" by The Walls to my Apple Music Library from my iPad while listening to music on the couch last night. This morning, I came to my office and asked Siri to "play the latest album by The Walls". She keeps playing "The Walls Group". Now, considering that I recently played the group The Walls AND recently added it to my Library, you would think Siri would be intelligent enough to know what I was asking.

But, it gets worse. So, I then switched to telling Siri "Play 'Stop the Lights' by The Walls. She said she couldn't find "The Walls" in Apple Music or in my library. This repeated 5-6 times, then all of a sudden Siri played the correct album. I had this same experience with another album that I had recently added to my Music, but Siri said she couldn't find it.

Finally, I got frustrated and said "Siri, play my Recently Played music". Since I was looking at my recently played list on Apple Music on my Mac and on my iPhone I thought I could get Siri to play the album I was looking for. But no, she started playing something completely different -- I can only assume that the Homepod keeps a different Recently Played list than my Apple Music app on my Mac and iOS devices.

Apple. This is not the experience your fans have become accustomed to. It's horrible. Since Siri's voice assistant features are limited (compared to other voice assistants in the market) you need to make this experience flawless. It is not.

Please fix it. I want to love my Homepod.

HomePod, null

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:52 AM

Apple does not consider requests on this forum, this is a user to user forum for assistance with Apple products or services, but that does not include requests since we are not developers who can change anything, we are users like yourself.

go to developer.apple.com

Similar questions

4 replies

You must improve Siri on Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.