Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 will not auto close without doing it manually, is this a malfunction.can it be sorted out

My iphone 8 is 2weeks old it will not auto close, it will stay open until closing manually with the sleep button, is this a malfunction, how can it be sorted out

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:57 AM

If you have set: Settings>Display&Brightness>Auto-Lock>1 minute (for example) it should auto close after about 1 minute.

If it doesn't, try a forced restart of your iP8: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side (power) button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the side button, and wait for your unit to restart, then test it.

If nothing helps, contact Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 6:57 AM in response to karishmamjag

If you have set: Settings>Display&Brightness>Auto-Lock>1 minute (for example) it should auto close after about 1 minute.

If it doesn't, try a forced restart of your iP8: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side (power) button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the side button, and wait for your unit to restart, then test it.

If nothing helps, contact Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

My iPhone 8 will not auto close without doing it manually, is this a malfunction.can it be sorted out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.