Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LCD was replaced now Auto brightness no longer works

recently had my iPhone 8 ios 11.2.5. LCD assembly replaced after being cracked and now the auto brightness will not work. the toggle is on for the auto brightness, I have also turned off the color filters and reduce white point. still not readjusting to any changes in brightness. I can use the slider to turn the brightness all the way down and place the sensor directly under a lamp and the slider wont budge to compete with the light. I performed a settings restore, followed by a full factory reset/restore, and still nothing. everything else still works but this one option and it is incredibly annoying.

I contacted the service center and they assured me that they reused the front ribbon assembly and only replaced the LCD. is this a problem with the phone or possibly an issue with the replacement lcd?

has anyone else had this issue once an LCD had been replaced?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:50 AM

Take it back to wherever you got it repaired and insist that they do it again, properly this time.

3 replies

LCD was replaced now Auto brightness no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.