Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

specific document name

In numbers I would like to save a numbers document with a specific name.

For instance, I have created a invoice sheet, want to use this sheet for a certain client, I would like to put the invoice number in a certain cell in the sheet, and have the 'save' function of Numbers recognise this cell an implement the invoice nr in the namegiving of the document. Does that make sense?

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:13 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 10:49 PM in response to SunnySan

Hi Sam,

Makes sense as a statement of what you want.

But the current answer to your want is 'feature not supported.'

I suspect it is possible to build a feature like this into an Automator Service or an AppleScript. If that were done, calling the feature would be a simple matter of a keystroke combination or a menu choice.

Scripts acting on the content of a single cell are specific to the design of the document containing that cell, meaning that, as usual, the devil's in the details. A screen shoot of your invoice model, clearly indicating which cell (or cells) would contribute information to the file name would be useful to any of the talented scripters who frequent these waters. They'll also want to know the version number of Numbers you are using (Numbers menu > About Numbers), and the version number of OS X or macOS you are using.

Regards,

Barry

specific document name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.