Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion unable to set category

Hey,

I recently purchased and downloaded motion on my iMac but have found it unable to save the projects/templates (to move them across to FCPX) due to the category drop down being slashed out.

I have tried creating a new category but it doesn't change anything. Unsure how I can use the app when I can't get any projects out of it.

I also have Motion and FCPX on my macbook where this isn't happening.

Would love any help. Thanks in advance

Motion 5, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 3:01 PM

Thanks for your time Ben, I eventually figured it out after trawling a bunch of forums. The .localized files were missing so I had to create three additional ones in the directory where the categories and themes save to. Can’t remember exactly where this was though! Thanks again :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 3:01 PM in response to BenB

Thanks for your time Ben, I eventually figured it out after trawling a bunch of forums. The .localized files were missing so I had to create three additional ones in the directory where the categories and themes save to. Can’t remember exactly where this was though! Thanks again :)

Mar 1, 2018 2:44 PM in response to mitch1o5

That sounds a little weird. You should be able to provide a category (and theme) for any kind of Motion project. Usually if some app is blocking you from saving, you're trying to write files to a location where you do not have permission to make write changes.

So, have you tried running Disk Utility to Repair Permissions on your "home" hard drive?

Motion unable to set category

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.