Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Microphone Issues

I love my AirPods--I've been using them for a little over 14 months and haven't had any real issues until the last few days. Three days ago in the middle of a phone call the person on the other end of the line stopped being able to hear me--but the problem was intermittent, yet very annoying. I took the advise of others in this community and switched the microphone selection under settings, and it turns out that my right microphone isn't working, but my left one is. Has anyone figured a work around on this yet or confirmed that this is a firmware issue?

AirPods

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:55 AM

Hello Mwjdp1113,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having an issue with the right microphone on your AirPods. Based on the troubleshooting you have already done, it does appear to be an issue with the mic on the right side. I would recommend that you Contact Apple Support to confirm your troubleshooting and get your service options.

Best regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 9:55 AM in response to Mwjdp1113

Hello Mwjdp1113,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having an issue with the right microphone on your AirPods. Based on the troubleshooting you have already done, it does appear to be an issue with the mic on the right side. I would recommend that you Contact Apple Support to confirm your troubleshooting and get your service options.

Best regards.

AirPods Microphone Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.