Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud drive “waiting to download”

I recently ran out of iCloud storage and upgraded to the 99 cent icloud drive. All of the files in iCloud and on my iPhone 8 and iPad magically moved to the iCloud drive. Now I am unable to access any of my files. For example, when trying to access a file in Pages or Numbers, the message “waiting to download” appears, but the file never downloads (Left it overnight). This also is the case with the new ios 11 Files app. This is true for both my iPhone and iPad. (IOS and the apps are all up to date On these devices.)

iCloud PC-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 1:40 PM

I had the same problem when trying to download an ePub from my iCloud Drive. I discovered that I didn’t have cellular data enabled for iCloud Drive. Goto settings > Accounts & Passwords > iCloud > iCloud Drive and scroll to the bottom. You should see a switch to enable or disable cellular data. Once I enabled cellular data the download began.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2018 1:40 PM in response to easyjay39402

I had the same problem when trying to download an ePub from my iCloud Drive. I discovered that I didn’t have cellular data enabled for iCloud Drive. Goto settings > Accounts & Passwords > iCloud > iCloud Drive and scroll to the bottom. You should see a switch to enable or disable cellular data. Once I enabled cellular data the download began.

icloud drive “waiting to download”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.