Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not receiving group texts

My other iPhone and Android version friends send/receive group texts, but I never get them. Someone just copies the content and sends me an iMessage or a SMS separately. I also never get pictures from a non-apple user. I've got (under Cellular) Wi-Fi assist off and Cellular Data on; (under Messages) iMessages on, Send as SMS on, MMS Messaging on, and Group Messaging on.

This has been happening for a couple of YEARS. I've switched from the 6 to 6s in that time, same problem. I'd rather not completely reset my phone to factory settings, though it may come down to that. But since I switched to a 6s last year, restored from a backup, and still can't receive group texts, I'm not inclined to go that route for now. Any help is welcome!

​[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 7:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 7:51 AM in response to lblocher

Group messages that contain non-iOS users are SMS/MMS. The settings you describe on the iPhone are for iMessage, except the Group Messaging on. The Send as SMS is only for sending an iMessage if it does not complete as an iMessage. You need to contact your carrier and make sure that you have an SMS/MMS provision on your account and that it is working. The carrier is the one that controls those messages. You have Cellular data on, which is what is used for MMS. See what the carrier has to say.

iPhone not receiving group texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.