Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 iOS 11.2.6, Siri not working, unable to enable “Listen for “Hey Siri””

iPhone 7 iOS 11.2.6, since os upgrade

“Listen for Hey Siri” does not recognise or respond to voice, keeps saying “Hey Siri”again and again ......

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:34 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 10:34 AM in response to Diorism

Hello Diorism,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have not been able to enabled Hey Siri. The following article has some information which may be helpful in resolving this type of issue:

Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If "Hey Siri" doesn't work

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that "Hey Siri" is on.
  2. Make sure that your device is face up. Placing your device face down disables "Hey Siri." If you have a Smart Cover on your iPad, it will disable "Hey Siri" if it's closed.
  3. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, most iPads, or an iPod touch, you need to plug your device into power to use "Hey Siri." If you have an iPhone 6s and later, or an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro 10.5-inch, or iPad Pro (9.7-inch), you don't need to plug your device into power to use "Hey Siri."

If "Hey Siri" still doesn't work, turn it off and back on again.

Best Regards.

Mar 8, 2018 8:55 PM in response to raina_b22

Same issue with my iPhone X. Stopped reacting to « Hey Siri » for no reason. Tried to redo the learning process and it looks like I need to make some background noise before the mic can start listening to the learning phrases. Not sure what to do at this point. Please help Apple as feature was really cool when it was working. My iOS version is 11.2.6.

Iphone 7 iOS 11.2.6, Siri not working, unable to enable “Listen for “Hey Siri””

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.