Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro 12 won’t show current iOS 11 update but my phone does

My iPad is showing 11.2.2 as the current version of iOS and has been for several weeks. It won’t give me the option to take 11.2.6 which my phone already has. I have the 256 gb model and have about 200 gb free so it’s not a space issue. I have rebooted several times and the red indicator shows next to software update but it always shows 11.2.2 as up to date when I try to update. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:25 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:38 PM in response to Wildcat1580

Hi Wildcat1580,

It sounds like you're having trouble running an update for your iPad Pro. I know it's important to keep your devices up-to-date with the latest software, and I want to help.

Did you ever install iOS beta software? One reason you may have trouble updating is having the beta profile installed, or some other issue contacting the update server for iOS.
Follow these steps to uninstall any beta software you may have installed:
How to install or uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Let's also check to make sure you don't have a profile for the beta or some other profile that could be causing the trouble.
To do that:
- Go to Settings > General > Device Management.
- Delete any profiles you see there if you do see any.

If those don't solve it for you, we can try to Reset the Network Settings to try and get your iPad Pro updated.
To do that:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Let me know if that solves it for you

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

IPad Pro 12 won’t show current iOS 11 update but my phone does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.