Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted the “phone” app from my phone. How do I get it back?

I was sitting on my phone and somehow deleted the phone or calls app from my phone. Is there anyway to get it back? I searched the App Store and there’s isn’t one to redownload ! Help !!

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:09 PM

It's not possible to delete the phone app. So, before you go restoring your phone from a back up, look in all of the folders on all of the pages. If you still can't find it, you can reset your home screen layout. This will put all of the pre-installed apps back where they were when the phone was fresh out of the box. It will, unfortunately, get rid of all of your custom folders.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout

Best of luck.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 12:09 PM in response to carleyfromwinnipeg

It's not possible to delete the phone app. So, before you go restoring your phone from a back up, look in all of the folders on all of the pages. If you still can't find it, you can reset your home screen layout. This will put all of the pre-installed apps back where they were when the phone was fresh out of the box. It will, unfortunately, get rid of all of your custom folders.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout

Best of luck.

Mar 1, 2018 1:25 PM in response to javaliga

javaliga wrote:

In addition to what the others have said, first thing I would try is a Spotlight Search on your iPhone for the missing app.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Chances are it is "hiding" somewhere (in a folder) on your iPhone.

Sadly, the search results no long show what folder the app is hiding in. That was so useful.

Mar 1, 2018 11:42 AM in response to carleyfromwinnipeg

Hi

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on if it is

Then go to settings down to reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Set back up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes

Choose back up from before you deleted phone app.

This will only work if you had iCloud backup turned on before problems.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

I accidentally deleted the “phone” app from my phone. How do I get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.