Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving emails to trash

Until recently I could send an email to the trash by hitting the delete button. Now most every time I hear a beep after I hit delete and the message does not go to the trash. I have to click in the body of the email before I hit the delete button and then the message goes to the trash.

My OS is 10.13.3

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:42 PM in response to lensbaby

Hi lensbaby,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that recently you're unable to use the delete key on your keyboard to move messages to the Trash folder in Mail on your Mac. I can understand reaching out for assistance with this; I'm happy to help. If you haven't already, quit Mail, restart your Mac and test for the behavior. If you're still having trouble, use these steps to start your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
In safe mode open Mail and test again to see if you're able to delete email as you used to. If so, restart your Mac normally and try again.

If the behavior continues follow the steps here to test for this behavior in a new user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

moving emails to trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.