Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay and IPhone X

I am having problems with the connection between CarPlay and my IPhone X. CarPlay suddenly stops working sometimes it restart on its own, but at the beginning of the song, other times I need to disconnect the phone and start again. Sometime it doesn’t happen at all, other times it happens over and over again until I give up and listen to the radio. Has anyone found a solution or is there some sort of patch coming to address this issue?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:00 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 11:46 AM in response to Stephr2

Hello Stephr2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you've been unable to consistently use CarPlay with your iPhone X. I know these types of intermittent issues can be concerning. The steps below can help when CarPlay isn't working as expected:
  1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.
Set up CarPlay with your iPhone

Cheers!

CarPlay and IPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.