Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE Sound Problems

Hi, my SE has suddenly developed sound problems. When making or receiving calls, I can only hear the other person if I'm using headphones or if I put them on loudspeaker. I can only play music when using headphones, if I just play it normally there's silence. I've restarted it several times and also done an update but it's still not working. Anyone have any idea what to do? Thanks.

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:06 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2018 11:45 AM in response to fifi69

Greetings, fifi69.

I see that the speakers of your iPhone SE aren't working as expected. You need to use the headphones in order to hear any audio. I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode

User uploaded file

Do you have one of these issues?

• After you plug any headphones into your iOS device, sound plays from your device's speakers instead of the headphones.
  • You unplug your headphones, but when you adjust volume on your iOS device, you still see a Headphones volume indicator.

If so, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for inspection. Don’t have a nearby service location? Contact Apple Support.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker -- If your iPhone isn't stuck in headphone mode, follow the steps in this article.

Take care!

Mar 2, 2018 11:52 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi, thanks for your reply. It wasn't a headphones issue I don't think as calls worked on speakerphone, it rang when someone caled me and there was no headphones icon when the headphones weren't plugged in. No idea what it was, but when I woke up this morning it was working fine, music playing and I could hear people when they called me. But thanks very much for taking the time to help 🙂

iPhone SE Sound Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.