Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move docs, apps and settings to another user account

Work has provided me with a MacBook. Using Time Machine I copied my personal user account from my own old MacBook, including docs, apps and settings, to the new work MacBook. I now have a personal and a work user account on the new MacBook. Annoyingly, I have to login to the work user account to be able to print at work, which means I cannot work from my personal account (which I have been using as personal/work hybrid account).

After some online searching I found that it is not possible to merge user accounts. However, some people suggested moving the library folder from my person account to my work account. Would that move docs, apps and settings?

Others have suggested using migration assistant to transfer information. However, I want to specifically copy information to the existing work user account, and I fear that in using migration assistant I will achieve the same as I did restoring from Time Machine (i.e. creating a separate personal account in addition to the work account).

Any help would be much appreciated!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:03 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Move docs, apps and settings to another user account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.