Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video won't sync

I am trying to sync a home video to my iPad mini 3. My iPad OS and iTunes are both up to date. I have 33GB of space on my 64GM mini.

I converted the video from a MOV file to an M$V of 169 MB, both using the Legacy iPad setting in Handbrake and also using the convert setting in iTunes. I have also told iTunes to 'add to device." I have also deleted the file from iTunes, re-converted it and put it on iTunes again. Nothing works.

I currently have twelve videos on my device, all of which are about the same size and have been converted to M4V the same way. At times I have had the same problem but closing iTunes and re-installing my iPad has corrected it.

Any idea how I can get the video to sync?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:05 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 3:38 PM in response to cjjj

Well, I finally got it to sync by:

Going to Movies under "Devices" and found the small-print list of videos. Noticed that the video that wouldn't sync was greyed out, so I deleted it from the library. When I went back to Home Videos under "Library" it was still in the library and immediately started to sync. What exactly is going on? Is there a way to make syncing more reliable?

video won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.