Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware Password Reset Macbook Air

So i'm running a 2015 mac with software 10.12.5 and im really getting sick of the irreversible security on the macbook air basically i cant boot in to recovery mode or single user mode because of a firmware password. Now i don't know if zapping the VRAM will work and i don't want to try it but i will if i have to. Also the reason for this discussion was can changing the amount of RAM and resetting the VRAM finally disable the firmware password i don't want to test until i know wether it will work or not. Also if this is not possible is there any exploit for my software version anyone knows about to up privileges within the software thank you that would really help.

MacBook Air, mac osx serria

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:32 PM

See if Apple can help you. If they can't, you'll need to open the computer and use special hardware to reflash the EFI BIOS. It's not the kind of hardware most of us have laying around.

Here's a video of it being done on a Macbook Pro Retina. (I'll probably get banned for posting this)

How To Unlock MacBook By Removing EFI Password? - Chapter 2 - YouTube

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 4:32 PM in response to Mo0nbase

See if Apple can help you. If they can't, you'll need to open the computer and use special hardware to reflash the EFI BIOS. It's not the kind of hardware most of us have laying around.

Here's a video of it being done on a Macbook Pro Retina. (I'll probably get banned for posting this)

How To Unlock MacBook By Removing EFI Password? - Chapter 2 - YouTube

Mar 1, 2018 2:19 PM in response to Mo0nbase

Forgotten Firmware Password

If you lost or forgot your firmware password - Apple Support.

If you forgot your firmware password, schedule an appointment with an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If needed find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

Firmware Password Reset Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.