Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought games gone?

In 2014 I bought a game. Lego Harry Potter year 1-7. I still got the game on my iPad but sooner or later I think he will be 'dead'. It's an iPad 2. I want to install the game on my iPhone, but I can't found the game anywhere. So the game and money are lost now?? If that's right, I don't think I'm going to buy any game in the future. This isn't the only game that I've bought and gone is. Also monopoly, monopoly here and now, pandemonium, twilight, secret of grisly manor, scene it twilight, vampire saga Pandora's box, shiver:poltergeist..., macabre mysteries, magic encyclopedia, a gypsy's tale, cooking academy, the mystery of crimson manor, the lost city. this list is much and much longer. Just money that's now waisted. Does anyone have any idea how i get Harry Potter Lego on my iPhone???

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 1:33 PM

The terms of sale for the iTunes and app stores generally provide for repeat downloads as long as the item in question remains on sale in the store. You have, at least until the arrival of iTunes 12.7, been able to download copies of apps to your computer, and back those up. iOS 11 removed the compatibility with all 32-bit apps, so it is possible that many of the titles you refer to don't appear when you search for them in the store because they cannot run on your device.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 1:33 PM in response to RonaldaH

The terms of sale for the iTunes and app stores generally provide for repeat downloads as long as the item in question remains on sale in the store. You have, at least until the arrival of iTunes 12.7, been able to download copies of apps to your computer, and back those up. iOS 11 removed the compatibility with all 32-bit apps, so it is possible that many of the titles you refer to don't appear when you search for them in the store because they cannot run on your device.

tt2

Mar 1, 2018 2:18 PM in response to RonaldaH

If you are running iTunes 12.6.3.6 or earlier you can use File > Devices > Transfer Purchases, however any app that was optimised to use app thinning, introduced in iOS 9, won't be eligible for transfer to the library. For example the iPad version could have images in different resolutions than the iPhone version, so the two are not interchangeable.

tt2

Bought games gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.