Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted user iMac El Capitan vs10.11.6

My wife deleted her user account on iMac with OS X El Capitan vs 10.11.6.

We have 2TB Seagate backup USB drive that appears to have daily, weekly and monthly backups clear back to 2015, but the Seagate software has NO restore function from any device but the cloud - which is not where the backups are?

Can we manually copy from there? And if so, how, what and where would we copy it to?

None of her programs will start: Adobe Photoshop CS3 and bridge, Dreamweaver, excel 2008, reunion 11 (genealogy), etc. I tried to save a generic excel file to see where it would put it but even that did not work. I tried to search for “deleted” user folder but without success

She is an artist and her life is on this PC.

Thanks in advance for all help.

jon mcewen

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 27”, mid 2011, 4gb 1333mhz ddr3

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:22 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 8:49 AM in response to athenaglass

Hi Jon,

I understand that your wife deleted her user account and you do have a backup on an external drive. You are wanting to know how to restore the content of the user account back to the Mac. I know it is important to be able to have access to the user account. I'll be happy to provide some information on this.

It sounds like you were using Time Machine as a way to back up the user account. If so, what you can do is to use Migration Assistant to restore the data from that account. You can follow the steps listed in this article, How to move your content to a new Mac , to help with this.

Let me know how things go.

Enjoy your day!

deleted user iMac El Capitan vs10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.