Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my HomeKit Hub repeatedly disconnect?

I am using my AppleTV (4th Gen) as our Hub for HomeKit. I have two of these devices set up. The primary devices are connected to the internet via ethernet; the other is connected via WiFi. When I go into settings on either device, they show connected to the HomeKit Hub. However, I am experiencing a recurring issue with it showing not connected from my iPhone 8+. All devices have the latest updates; there are no issues with any of our iPhones. We are also using the Phillips HUE Bridge that is also ethernet connected to the network. It works fine with our Alexa Dot as well. I love it (HomeKit) when it works, but it doesn't seem like its reliable enough to add some of the other devices I'd like to (WiFi Thermostat, security, door locks, etc.) Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you greatly for any insight.

-Dallas

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:41 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2018 7:19 PM in response to krazygreekguy

I have not had any recent issues once I disabled one of my AppleTV devices from being the active Hub. I suspect that with both AppleTV devices having the setting ‘on’ that it may have caused some issue with two devices attempting to act as the Hub therefore showing a disconnected status. I didn’t think of this when first setting up because I expected it to recognize everything using the same Apple ID, etc., and simply sync what it needed to stay connected. If you are using more than one device that could act as a Hub, maybe try assigning one to be the dedicated Hub. Hope this helps! Thank you.

Why does my HomeKit Hub repeatedly disconnect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.