Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync to phones with one number

There has got to be a way to sync two iPhones with one phone number, yet nobody can tell me how. I've read posts about people not wanting this to happen when it does and they're asking how to make it stop so there is a way, (and I don't want to pay $25/month to T-mobile for their "Digits" program, too expensive! I want two iPhones to ring as the same phone. How can I do this? I know Apple's continuity feature allows me to take calls on my iPad or MacBook Pro when on wireless, but... This is different and Apple rep told me that I can't do Continuity from one iPhone to another. I just want both phones to ring as the same phone because my battery life is so bad and I have 2 iPhones on or off wireless. Someone direct me to the answer or an app I can purchase. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 2:42 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2018 2:46 PM in response to scottfromoc

A cellular phone number can only be associated with one phone. There is no way to have 2 mobile phones with the same number. This is a fact of life and the technology behind cellular networks.

What you CAN do is create a Google Voice number, and have it ring both phones at the same time. The first one to pick up will then get control of the call.

Mar 8, 2018 9:43 AM in response to thànhfrombh

Well I have heard of people complaining that when they get a new phone, their old phone rings at the same time when someone calls, so there has to be a way. In their case, they didn't want both phones to ring as one number. I called my cell phone provider (T-Mobile) and they said they had a feature to allow this but that it would cost $25/month. That's pretty steep. My iPhones don't hold a charge so I'd like to be able to pick up a call on one of the two phones that has enough battery life that I can talk on the phone without running around looking for a charger all the time. One is a brand new iPhone SE. It doesn't hold the charge long. They suggested bringing it to the apple store but it takes about 3 hours back and forth and waiting. I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Sync to phones with one number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.