Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the latest "Free" version of Malwarebytes for MAC?

Finder shows my Version is 3.2.36 (installed yesterday) but that should be for premium users.

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:34 AM

Cap7198 wrote:

Malwarebytes website states 3.2.36 is for Premium members only.

I think this has already been cleared up, but just to make absolutely sure, note that there is no version of Malwarebytes for Mac that is for Premium subscribers only. All versions of the software can be used, for free, by anyone (provided their Mac has a supported version of macOS).

It is only the available functionality within the app that is determined by the Free or Premium state. If you are using it in Free mode, you can do manual scans and remove the threats that are detected. If you are using it in Premium mode, you also get real-time protection that proactively prevents infection. There is no restriction on how long you can use the app in Free mode, or what version of the app you can use.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 6:34 AM in response to Cap7198

Cap7198 wrote:

Malwarebytes website states 3.2.36 is for Premium members only.

I think this has already been cleared up, but just to make absolutely sure, note that there is no version of Malwarebytes for Mac that is for Premium subscribers only. All versions of the software can be used, for free, by anyone (provided their Mac has a supported version of macOS).

It is only the available functionality within the app that is determined by the Free or Premium state. If you are using it in Free mode, you can do manual scans and remove the threats that are detected. If you are using it in Premium mode, you also get real-time protection that proactively prevents infection. There is no restriction on how long you can use the app in Free mode, or what version of the app you can use.

Mar 1, 2018 9:06 PM in response to Cap7198

Malwarebytes will slide in a notification telling you when an update to what you have installed is available. It just did this Monday, on both my El Capitan and High Sierra machines. Clicked the download, it updated and restarted itself. Caught malware in a demo version of the MacGO BluRay player that had gone undetected previously.

Mar 3, 2018 4:43 AM in response to VikingOSX

VikingOSX wrote:

Caught malware in a demo version of the MacGO BluRay player that had gone undetected previously.

Technically, that wasn't malware. We found that MacGO was distributing an installer that was bundling adware, and that they're using some unethical tricks on their website to increase their ranking on search engines and to make their software look better than it is (like posting a positive-sounding sentence from a review that recommended against using the app).

🙂

What is the latest "Free" version of Malwarebytes for MAC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.