Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPad single beep

Hello world and greetings...

I’ve been trying to find an answer to a question that began with my iPad mini.

At times, like having multiple apps open, or using photo editing software I would get a single beep chime. It was not from any app or notification. I kept searching and found no clear answer.

I went to a local store and asked about it, the gentleman looked at it and said “Oh this is an original Mini?” I said ”Yes and it’s still wonderful even though the screen is cracked, but I get that chime and then later (random duration from 20 minutes to an hour or more) I notice things don’t work, like the “Look Up” feature.”

His response was “That single chime is saying your memory is failing, not storage space but the physical memory. You need a new iPad.”

So following that advise I now have an iPad 2017. Here we are a few months later and when playing certain games, or using Photoshop Mix for a decent length of time, the exact same thing happens!”

I don‘t want to say I was hijacked into buying a new tablet, however just a year later and it’s happening? I believe warranty is no longer active and if this IS memory failing, I am very frustrated.

So now I’m here asking advise. Does anyone know what this could be?

User uploaded file

Hope that information helps....

thank you

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: ShadowaceAZ

Question: iPad single beep