Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Panther iTunes Release Date

When pre-ordered films will be available for download?

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:00 PM

28 replies

Mar 23, 2018 11:14 AM in response to ifeanyi137

Originally iTunes listed the release date as March 23rd but with all the money being made at the box office Marvel/Disney changed their minds. The release date for disc has been set for May 15th. Waiting for half a year to see the film is ridiculous. Holding off on the digital release will not get me into the theatre. I'm strange about this stuff. I don't like to be manipulated by anyone, much less the greedy goons of the always overpriced Disney mob.

Apr 27, 2018 5:52 PM in response to enano2054

With Disney, it most definitely is and I say this as a parent. Having to fight your way through a half dozen trailers on a DVD before you can get to the feature film - that's about driving sales. Pulling in-demand titles from the shelves and making them unavailable for years in order to push other films - that's about greed. Case in point: Lion King and Lion King 2. The sequel was dark and the hero was bitter and mean-spirited. It was panned by critics. Disney, intend on making money on the film, pulled Lion King.

My daughter was just old enough to really enjoy Lion King, but it was unavailable. Then another year went by and then another as Disney tried to squeeze whatever they could out of the sequel. They kept the film out of circulation long enough for my kid to grow out of the age of wonder and by the time the film was available again, it was too late. Plus their kids films are always priced 30% more than the competition. They priced the films at the maximum rate the audience could bear.

I remember Walt Disney on TV. I remember the magic of Mary Poppins. I also know that while he was a businessman and that he was as into profit as others, he also understood that what he was doing was for the kids. His design of Disneyland, with the nostalgic hometown theme of certain spaces and the 80% scale of was because he wanted to convey the things that made him happy personally. He did not base his creative thinking on demographics and spreadsheets.

Is this a grudge? No. The thing is that people are that which is most important. If the purpose of business execs is to make money, grow old and die, they are doing this very well. If their purpose is to make money while serving the people, they will not only have contentment but they would have made the world a better place. To promise and publicly post a release date, then set back that release by nearly two months, that's uncool. It would have been better not to announce any date unless it is a firm one.

May 8, 2018 4:13 PM in response to ifeanyi137

I had the same problem as well. However, I started the download just fine. Then, once I was downloading, I cancelled the download after a minute into downloading and went back to my library and was able to stream the entire movie without downloading (i.e. Apple TV, etc.) That was the only way I was able to get the movie to behave and work like any other movie I have purchased through iTunes before. I never download my movies, so maybe it is a glitch, or I found a way around the issue...Either way, this worked for me.

Black Panther iTunes Release Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.