Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One or More applications are using iTunes

Whenever I go to close iTunes I get this message: "One or more applications are using iTunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to quit?

I want this to end. How do I fix this? I have an MSI windows 10 machine.

Help please?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:06 AM

See the notes about sharing the iTunes Library.XML file in About iTunes library files - Apple Support. Typically your symptoms are caused by a third party program that wants to read the iTunes database. If the XML file isn't present then it will connect to iTunes directly, which in turn issues the warning when you try to close it.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 9:06 AM in response to ophidog

See the notes about sharing the iTunes Library.XML file in About iTunes library files - Apple Support. Typically your symptoms are caused by a third party program that wants to read the iTunes database. If the XML file isn't present then it will connect to iTunes directly, which in turn issues the warning when you try to close it.

tt2

One or More applications are using iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.