Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why is this happening and how do I get my music back without paying again?

This evening I was in my music library looking for a song that I had purchased a few months ago, and it was gone. It has been downloaded in my library for quite some time and I listen to it frequently, it just randomly disappeared. I figured that I had accidentally removed the download and went to the iTunes Store to return it to my music library, only to find that in order to do so I would have to purchase the song again. I also noticed that this has happened to at least one other song within my library. I do not use apple music and have paid for all of my content. What is happening and how do I fix it, any input would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Posted on

Mar 2, 2018 6:42 AM in response to Ashley_p.cor In response to Ashley_p.cor

Hello Ashley_p.cor,

I understand that you are missing a couple of songs from your music library that you purchased and when you went to download them again, it is stating that you need to purchase the songs again. Being able to have access to all of the music that you've purchased is important. I'll be happy to help.

What you will want to do is to download your past purchases. The following article goes over the steps needed to complete this.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store​

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. On your iPhone or iPod, tap More > Purchased at the bottom of the screen. On an iPad, just tap Purchased.
  3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Music, Movies, or TV Shows, then tap "Not on This [device]."
  4. Find the movie, TV show, or music that you want to redownload, then tap it.
  5. Tap User uploaded file to the right of the title. The movie, TV show, or music downloads to your device. You can find movies and TV shows that you redownload in the TV app3 or Videos app, and music in the Music app.
User uploaded file

Have a great weekend!

Mar 2, 2018 6:42 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 2, 2018 8:54 AM in response to Ashley_p.cor In response to Ashley_p.cor

Thanks for getting back to us, Ashley_p.cor. Did you, by any chance, use a different Apple ID to make those purchases previously? If not, then you would want to contact iTunes Store Support for additional information on this issue.

Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Mar 2, 2018 8:54 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Ashley_p.cor

Question: Why is this happening and how do I get my music back without paying again?