Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my Apple TV home sharing ID?

Update home sharing ID

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:58 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2018 7:24 AM in response to beverlyfromwickliffe

Hey there, beverlyfromwickliffe.

It appears that you've used an incorrect Apple ID to use Home Sharing on your Apple TV. I'm happy to help.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices -- Depending on the model of Apple TV you own, the location is shown below. You may need to turn off Home Sharing first, then set it up again with the correct Apple ID.

Use Home Sharing on your Apple TV

1. On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > Home Sharing. On earlier models of Apple TV, go to Settings > Computers.
  2. Select Turn on Home Sharing.
  3. Then enter your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.

Now you can use Home Sharing on your Apple TV:

• To find shared libraries, go to the main menu, select Computers, and choose a library.
  • You can also view photos from your computer on your Apple TV: Open iTunes on your computer. Then go to File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

How do I update my Apple TV home sharing ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.