Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activating Used eBay iPhone on AT&T

I am currently upgrading my current iPhone 5s to the iPhone SE. I have found an iPhone SE on eBay that is Factory Unlocked.

How can I activate on AT&T? Do I just put in the SIM Card while the iPhone is powered down?

Thanks for any help!

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:57 PM

6 replies

Mar 1, 2018 6:06 PM in response to Cheese1357

Well, if all goes well ...

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

But buying an iOS device on eBay is typically very risky, especially if the price was "too good to be true."

One possible result is you get an Activation Locked iPhone.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

You would have to contact the original owner in this case, or the iPhone will not be able to be used at all. Be prepared to get a refund if possible.

Mar 1, 2018 8:33 PM in response to Cheese1357

Cheese1357 wrote:

Also, its not that expensive, comparing to others. Especially because it comes with the original box.

I have no reason to doubt deggie's comment that an iPhone refurbished by a seller deducts about $100 from its value. Further, note that a refurbished iPhone means that because it had unauthorized work done, Apple will not be able to service the iPhone should it need repair.

But here's why I wanted to comment. Apple currently sells a brand new iPhone SE with 32GB for $349. A 128GB model would cost $449. (64GB is no longer manufactured.) So to me, a price of $200 for a 64GB iPhone may well be "too good to be true."

I would be very wary of purchasing this device.

Activating Used eBay iPhone on AT&T

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.