Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download back up phone settings

I am trying to download a backup from an iphone 7 to my new iphone 8 through itunes. When i go to download the backup on the new phone, it says it is unable to complete because the backup is not compatible with the new phone and it is corrupt. I am not sure how to get my current settings onto my new phone, my old settings were unable to upload to icloud...the last upload was 2016. I really don't want to have to lose all of the files on my current iphone.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 7:56 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 2:41 PM in response to aimbriale

Hey aimbriale,

If I understand correctly, you have a corrupted backup of your old iPhone and you want to move that data to the new iPhone. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. If it says the old backup is corrupted, you could try to create a new backup in iTunes. Then try to restore from the new backup. Also, during the setup process, you have an option to sync the content between the two devices without a backup. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use Quick Start

You can use an iPhone or iPad that's already running iOS 11 to automatically set up a new device. This process occupies both devices, so make sure you choose a time when you won't need to use your current device for several minutes.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

​​
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

download back up phone settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.