Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when you update your iphone will it earse all your information even though you only have 1 gb left of a little bit of storage left?

Will I lose everything if I update it to the 11.2.6 update or no and I’ve haven’t tried yet cause I’m scared to lose everything and I don’t have that much storage to back everything up my fault obviously but I just need an answer thanks

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 10:23 PM

Hi!

An update of your phone won’t delete your content. However, things can go wrong at any point, and therefore I would recommend you to have backup anyway.

You can learn more about backing up your iOS device here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

Petter

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 10:33 PM in response to katherinefromavondale

Do you have a computer with iTunes? You could back up on there and not use memory on your iPhone.

Although I’ve updated many times without backing up right before I do so, it’s always advised to backup just in case. I’ve never had a problem updating when I didn’t backup but nowadays I try to backup every time I update.

I don’t think you’d have a problem but if there’s anyway you can backup through iTunes on your computer since you don’t have enough storage on your iPhone, do it. That being said if there’s no way you can backup and you must update then I’d personally tell you that I doubt you’d have any problems. It’s just advised to do so in case something happens while updating then you would have to backup from the last time you did. If it was fairly recently (within the past week) then I wouldn’t worry about it.

When you say storage you do mean iCloud storage right? That’s where your backups are stored, not on your device itself.

when you update your iphone will it earse all your information even though you only have 1 gb left of a little bit of storage left?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.