Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari has stopped working on I pad

Safari stops working or stalls, and then a message pops up saying it couldn’t find the server. This happens with web pages and the search

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 7:32 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:17 PM in response to Popsicletoes0655

If this is a 1st gen iPad Mini still on iOS 6.1.3, that version of Safari is very old, out of date and probably not very secure.

You should switch to a more recent and more secure third party web browser.

If you use an older version of iTunes on a computer, you can download newer versions of app/s from the iOS Store through iTunes on a computer.

Then, from your older iOS iPad you can download the current version of an app, from the iOS App Store and a pop-up window will appear indicating there is an older version of an app available for your iDevice and would you like to download this version?

Then tap OK.

Here is a list of third party web browsers still available to download an older version.

Perfect Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

iCab Mobile Web browser

Opera Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Maybe

Aloha Web browser

DuckDuck Go Web browser

In addition, you may want to consider upgrading your iPad to iOS 9.3.5, either using the iPad's own Software Update feature , OR better, connecting your iPad to a computer using iTunes to do the upgrade.

I still recommend using one of the third party Web browsers above as even the iOS 9.3.5 version of Safari is still out of date on not really secure, either.

Good Luck to You!

Mar 3, 2018 8:45 PM in response to Popsicletoes0655

If MichaelPM's suggestions do not work, then I would start wondering about the DNS server being provided by your home router?

You could try going to

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> ℹ for your Wi-Fi network -> Configure DNS -> Manual -> 208.67.222.222

This is OpenDNS server

You could also try 8.8.8.8 which is the Google DNS servers.

Or you could try 9.9.9.9 which are the IBM DNS servers.

If any of them work, then there is something wrong with the DNS server being provided by your home router. Maybe power cycle your home router.

It is also possible to change your home router's configuration so that it does not use the DNS servers provided by your ISP, but uses the DNS servers that you want (OpenDNS is my default DNS servers).

Safari has stopped working on I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.