Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set my son’s iPhone SE to only allow iTunes after 9pm?

My son wants to listen to iTunes at night. I don’t want him to be able to text. is there a way to set up parental controls that it limits his access to certain items (preferably only iTunes) after 9 PM?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.5, null

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 8:34 PM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:19 PM in response to iiAteApplez

Thank you. Is there any way to make this a more global setting so that it happens automatically? He wants to listen most every night. I don’t see us realistically waiting until 9 then getting his phone and going through that process only to reverse it the next morning. I’m hoping for a more efficient solution if there is one.

Mar 2, 2018 6:36 AM in response to mashton8

Someone may have answered this so I apologize if I duplicate the response. I actually have “family base” There’s an app in the App Store. You can actually set up times to stop calls at a certain time and begin at a certain time, you also can set up what’s called a watch list and if there’s someone you don’t want them speaking to, say a friend that may be he’s in an argument with or whomever, you will get an email or text telling you he’s been in contact with a person from your watch list. It’s a really nice feature and actually the whole family base is outstanding!!!

If he would be grounded you can also stop calls, text or any usage for a set amount of days. Also you can limit the usage of GB’s.

Mar 2, 2018 9:55 AM in response to kerrifromzanesville

Just so people know what if they read this that Family Base is a Verizon app and you need to have a Verizon account to use it. The first screen asks you to sign in.

I believe most carriers have similar options but they only restrict things over the cellular connection and don't stop anything over wi-fi. They also don't limit them being able to use other apps (e.g. games) while the original question is limiting them to only using iTunes after a specific time.

How can I set my son’s iPhone SE to only allow iTunes after 9pm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.