Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I combine multiple live tracks into one song?

I understand how to plug my keyboard or guitar into the computer and record via software instruments. But what if I wanted to separately record all the different parts of a song through a mic and then combine them? Is that possible? So I'd record myself singing, then separately playing keyoard, then separately guitar. I can't find the answer in all the thousands of Garageband tutorials!

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:50 AM in response to jezmelb

jezmelb wrote:

I understand how to plug my keyboard or guitar into the computer and record via software instruments.

that's slightly off; yes you can record a keyboard via a MIDI connection on to a software track, but a standard guitar would be recorded on an audio track.

jezmelb wrote:

what if I wanted to separately record all the different parts of a song through a mic and then combine them?

that is exactly what GB is designed to do.

record on one track, create another track, record on it, create another track, etc, up to 255 audio tracks.

Can I combine multiple live tracks into one song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.