Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive Stuck

I use iCloud Drive to store some documents etc and have used it for many years, so I'm not really a stranger to it. I don't have my desktop and documents folder enabled to sync to it. That is, I just drag things straight into iCloud Drive in the finder sidebar.

However, today my iCloud Drive has completely frozen up. Items on my mac are still 'waiting to upload' after hours. Usually when it gets stuck like this, I just put a new document into iCloud drive and this 'forces' it to upload. But this has not worked this time. This issue has been happening for hours today - and the documents 'uploading' aren't big.

Additionally, (when trying to troubleshoot), I navigated to iCloud.com in a web browser and signed in. When I then clicked on the 'iCloud Drive' icon in the browser, I was met with the notice 'Can't load iCloud Drive. There was a problem loading the application.' After trying again a few times in the same way, I was also met with 'Network Unavailable or Slow. iCloud Drive is taking longer than expected.'

This message made me decide to try it connected to a different internet source, so I hot-spotted off my phone. This produced the same results. (Both internet connections appear to be fine anyway e.g. loading pages normally etc etc.)

Additionally, I have a couple of apps that sync between my MacBook Pro and iPad Pro via iCloud - the main one being Notability. This sync has stopped working too. Of course, this could be a totally different issue, but I suspect it is related.

I'm more concerned about the iCloud drive issue

Please help!!

Thank you!!

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 10:28 PM

5 replies

iCloud Drive Stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.