Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Probs with facebook, app vs browser on ipad

I do not want the facebook app - it’s too invasive, eats battery data and memory etc etc. On other devices I just use the browser to use facebook. I don’t use fb much but sadly sometimes you just have to. So... weirdest thing... if i install the app i can log in without issue. I can also log in with my email and password from everywhere else on other platforms... what i cannot do is log in using my browser on ipad. It wIll gibe an error saying there is no account associated with that email address -but only if logging in from safari on ipad.

i tried copying and pasting the address. Nope.

i made sure cookies etc were enabled but nope no login.

i logged in on android with same info and no prob.

then i downloaded the app to ipad and gee no problem i could log in! But i dont want the app.

any ideas?

ipad 10.5”pro 3 mos old, ios 11.1

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1, Brand new

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:15 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 5:05 AM in response to martians8myMac

I”m wondering if there is a glitch with safari and facebook and that app. I visit facebook via safari all the time. (I too refuse to use the app for much of the same reasons you do) and I have no issues.

Have you tried to delete the app, go into the settings and see if there is any bit of that app associated with your iCloud account. If you have safari linked to iCloud, turn that off. In the settings, safari, throw away your history in case there is a mistyped password or such that keeps repopulating. THen reboot your device by holding down the sleep and home keys until you see the silver apple. Rebooting may clear away the cobwebs, then try to log in again.

ANother thing which is not a perfect fix by any means would be to use another browser to get into facebook.

Mar 2, 2018 7:50 AM in response to Skydiver119

I only put the app on to see what was going on, i deleted it immediately after that. I do not use icloud, at all, it is disabled and all the off buttons I could find are set to off. I will try clearing the settings etc just in case but as i got denied login the very first try I am not sure how anything previous would be affecting it... I’ll try anything so why not...

Probs with facebook, app vs browser on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.